Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A lot of Talk!

Many people would think that living in Vienna at a school there would be more of the students that become the people I meet but its the people outside the school that surprise me. Meeting random people in a hostel, a bar or even in a McDonald's.

For me I think Ive learned the most from the students that are in Martins class since I am forced to talk about the differences as well as the similarities of our cultures. I am very interested to find out what people have to say about me being American but also how it is similar in their culture. Our discussions were mostly based on the what really happens in American culture. Then I had to opportunity to ask questions to them such as what they plan to do after school. Many of them said University but the boys all said military, because they all have to do something for the country. The students are still young but they are all interested in the same music I am into and also doing the same past times that i do.

The most random conversation I had would be at McDonald's. Sitting with the rest of my group talking about Harry Potter and one of the girls working there had the courage to start talking with us. It made the world a lot smaller in the way that we all had something in common. She wasn't discussing her ideas but she was telling us about how the German translator did not do a good job translating the Harry Potter books from English into German. this was something I thought was very funny. I think random conversations surprise me and I like that more because its amazing to see how different things connect everyone in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment