Thursday, March 12, 2009

When in Rome



This past weekend I ventured to Rome, Italy with Natalie, Brooke and Matt! We stayed at Gulliver's House. It was a short walk from the train station which was very nice. After a 14hr train ride I go to Rome at around 10am and didn't waste any of the day. I headed straight to the Vatican to see the Museum and it was pretty cool. Later that evening I was able to meet up with an old friend from high school. After dinner there was an opportunity for a Pub Crawl. We took it! Had a great evening going bar to bar! Also shops offer free samples. Take them, Lemonchello is amazing!

The following day i venture to the Colosseum and Palintino Hill. It was a gorgeous day! It was fun and took all day because there was soo much to see. After a long day in the sun looking at ancient ruins I had dinner and went to bed after some Gelatto by the Trevi Fountain.

After I saw the main things i was able to relax. Some of the other sights I saw was the Roman Baths, the building were HUGE! This was surrounded by a great grass area where we were able to just lay in the sun and really take in the weekend. It was so nice there was no rushing to be anywhere. Had cappuccino on a cobble street cafe. It was exactly what you would expect Rome to be like. Everyone was so friendly and they all spoke English. Also thanks to living in Vienna its given me more confidence in using public transportation. I am a master of the Metro!

All in all the trip was amazing. Everyone should go to Rome at least once in their life. Since this Rome trip went so well I am looking forward to traveling even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment